Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program
The Health Insurance Counseling and Advocacy Program (HICAP) is a volunteer supported program that helps Medicare beneficiaries of any age make informed choices and provides advocacy when their health care benefits and rights are threatened or denied. Individual appointments are available throughout the county with trained volunteer counselors who are registered with the California Department of Aging.
Who does HICAP serve?
- Current Medicare beneficiaries
- Adult children and other representatives of Medicare beneficiaries
- People 65 years and over who are: eligible for Medicare; about to begin receiving Medicare benefits; contemplating the purchase of Medicare related health insurance; or planning for retirement
- People younger than 65 years who are eligible for Medicare due to disability
- People needing information on Long Term Care Insurance
How can you help?
- Become a trained Volunteer HICAP Counselor
- Donate and support our incredible staff
- Stay informed - sign up for our e-newsletter
HICAP does not sell, endorse, or recommend any specific insurance product.