- That diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our success as an organization; make us more well-rounded, creative, and capable; and ultimately allow us to more effectively serve our clients.
- The effects of systemic power and privilege and work to subvert them.
- That diversity includes race, culture, age differing abilities, language ability, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, immigration status, marital status, parental status, and economic and educational background.
We are committed to building a workplace:
- That is as diverse as possible given the small size of our organization.
- Where each employees’ unique strengths are seen, utilized, and valued.
- Where staff, management, board, and volunteers reflect the communities we serve.
- With equitable pay for staff so we can hire and retain staff from diverse backgrounds, and allow them to live in a financially sustainable way.
- Where our agency vision reflects the community in which we work.
- Where our agency vision reflects the staff’s ideas about what LAS would look like if we are successful in our DEI work.